Thursday, July 2, 2015

Intro and Disclaimer to the SCOTUS Marriage Ruling

As I have mentioned before, I blog mainly to process my own thoughts. It is, for me, like an on line journal. I am not very consistent, but when I need to process something, I enjoy this as a way to help me do so.

Do I enjoy the fact that some people read my musings? Sure, I do.

Do I enjoy it even more when they let me know their thoughts? Absolutely!

Would I do it if neither of those things happened? More than likely.

So, please understand that when you read my blog posts you are stepping into my mind and my heart. I don't have all the answers and I don't presume to. I am simply a man, husband, dad, and follower of Christ trying to process this life and the world in which I was placed.

When you write, they teach you to write to a particular audience. Writing on this topic is more complicated though because, while it is my own thoughts and processings (I think I made that word up), I am aware that many people from many different walks of life with many different opinions will read it.

Please hear me say upfront that I am not intentionally seeking to offend or condemn anyone. There is, however, a high probability that some of you will end up being offended. There is also a probability that some will walk away feeling condemned. That is not my heart in writing all that is ahead of us. I do, however, embark on this journey to try and bring clarity and whatever small measure of insight I can into this discussion. I am not seeking to offend and certainly not condemn, but I am openly seeking to find conviction and to address what I believe has been horribly absent from this whole discussion.

My desire is that, as I process all of this in the coming post, I will find myself convicted of my failings first and foremost. I then hope that those who claim to be a part of the Church of Jesus Christ, as I do, will also find a measure of conviction. Lastly, for those who are currently outside the fellowship of the Church, I hope you hear the heart of the Christian Gospel and even an invitation to enter into the greatest love story in all of creation. If you find yourself joining with me in any of these ways, then we will all be better for it.

The ground is level at the foot of the cross. Let us all meet there to wrestle with the topic at hand.

A servant of Jesus,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment